How I Can Help
Has your child been diagnosed with a rare, life-limiting or chronic disease? Do you feel disoriented and scared? Being blindsided by a diagnosis of a child is a distressing situation for everyone in a family. You may be feeling discouraged by medical encounters with healthcare teams, and frustrated and disillusioned by countless mistakes, poor communication, and lack of care coordination.
Are you feeling:
• Ignored or dismissed by doctors
• Overwhelmed by decisions and choices
• Doubtful you are making the right decisions for your child
• Guilty because of strained relationships
• Like no one is answering your questions
• Everyone is speaking a language you don't understand
Are you in need of:
• Obtaining a second or third opinion
• Appealing insurance claim denials
• Help coordinating care among multiple healthcare providers
• Better communication with medical providers
• Understanding and organizing a mountain of medical bills
As a parent of a child with a rare disease I know the fear and uncertainty of what is in front of you. A life-changing diagnosis is overwhelming, and a private patient advocate can help you figure out what to do next, bringing you peace of mind and relief from uncertainty. As your advocate you can benefit from my personal experience and feel more confident you are prepared for encounters with your child’s medical team. Please reach out to see how you can start to feel better about choices, decisions, and a plan to move forward.
Important Information About Me
- I am insured
- My geographical area of practice is California
Why I Became A Professional Health Care Advocate
As a parent of a child with a rare disease, I understand the challenges of navigating a diagnosis, obtaining treatment, and a complicated health insurance system. I have personally had to confront and coordinate high-stakes care coordination, high-intensity situations, and research the right specialists while influencing and motivating health care teams. As a former journalist, reporter and editor for peer-reviewed publications in the health industry, I relied on my experience and ability to source the most recent research studies and clinical trials to share with my son's healthcare team with a goal to get him the treatment he needed. There were many hurdles along the way. One needs to be creative as a skillful negotiator and advocate to get to "yes." My mantra is to always find a way to yes.