I learned how our peculiarly unique system works by spending the past 25-plus years as a journalist specializing in covering the business of healthcare. That has not only provided me with a thorough working knowledge of how the U.S. and California healthcare systems function, but has trained me on the ways to perform deep research, ask penetrating questions and persevere until an individual project is completed. I also possess writing skills of the highest order. That is extraordinarily important when filing grievances and appeals on behalf of clients or appearing in arbitration hearings or administrative law court.
Along with my practical experience, I obtained my certification as a patient advocate from UCLA. The course curriculum is among the most rigorous in the nation, and is the educational equivalent of a master’s degree. Additionally, I earned an M.A. (Cal State Northridge) B.A. (UCLA), and attended a year of law school.
The services CareRELATE provides:
1. the right health insurance for your needs and budget.
2. Improving communications with your healthcare providers.
3. Coordinating care and obtaining medical second opinions.
4. Obtaining nursing home coverage.
5. Medicare/Medi-Cal applications, appeals and administrative law court appearances.
Again, I deeply empathize with my clients. They are often going through some of the most challenging moments of their lives as they deal with serious medical issues, an aging parent who needs additional care, or a child in a medical crisis. I am here to help.
- I offer a FREE Initial Consultation
- I offer TeleAdvocacy Service
- I am insured
- My geographical area of practice is California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Nevada