Our approach is guided by a commitment to support clients as they navigate the healthcare system, understand and weigh different treatment options, and discover their goals and values in relation to their health and healthcare.
The process usually follows the following four steps:
1. We’ll have a complimentary call to discuss your health concerns, ways we can work together, and commitment of services.
2. Once a comprehensive health review is taken, a personal assessment plan is created, with relevant action steps that support your goals and values.
3. I can help you to better understand your diagnoses, treatment options, new and/or alternative treatments, and arrange consultations with top specialists and medical centers.
4. As your health advocate, I’ll be a part of your team. I can accompany you to clinician appointments, visit you during hospital stay(s), and see that your health values are represented.
My goal is for you to feel empowered, informed, and in control of your medical care and overall health.
- My geographical area of practice is Mass. & Maine
As a newly minted Boston Hospital trained nurse armed with an earlier career in teaching and 2 years spent as a Peace Corps Volunteer, I began my medical career during the early years of the AIDS epidemic. I was administering what was then experimental treatments, and helping families cope at the bedside. On to a variety of health care positions over the years, along with caring for my own children and elder parents' needs, and on to winter/spring of 2020 found me teaching hospital staff nurses how plan for, and provide comfort care to Covid-19 patients in a Boston hospital not far from my career beginnings. I now want to use my vast medical experiences to help you navigate the complex world of health care, help translate it for you, explore your options, and journey with you to find the best solutions for your individual needs.