0
9 days ago
Hi, I would be interested in connecting regarding this case.

My background is in complex patient advocacy, with a particular focus on cancer and healthcare navigation. I am a Board Certified Patient Advocate (BCPA) and Oncology Patient Navigator (PIN), and I have experience helping patients navigate complicated medical situations involving multiple providers and health systems, medical records, insurance/benefits, prior authorizations, appeals, care coordination and barriers that can delay necessary care.

The cancer-care coordination and complex advocacy aspects of this case are very much within my experience. I am also comfortable working through situations where a patient’s needs don’t fit within standard healthcare or community-resource pathways and identifying appropriate resources and escalation points.

I want to be transparent that I would not represent myself as an MCS-specific housing specialist. However, I understand the seriousness of environmental sensitivities and the importance of finding an appropriate, safe environment rather than simply locating a conventional short-term rental.

I would be willing to research and help identify specialized MCS/EI housing networks, non-toxic lodging resources, environmental illness organizations and other potential avenues for safe temporary and longer-term housing. I would also be interested in collaborating with someone who has specialized MCS housing experience if that expertise is needed.

Given the urgency of the cancer treatment and the multiple barriers occurring simultaneously, I believe this patient would benefit from an advocate who can look at the entire picture — housing, transportation, medical-record transfer, provider communication, care coordination and access to cancer treatment — and help keep all of those pieces moving forward.

My GNA profile is:
gnanow.org/advocates/bcpa-denisetucci.html

I would be happy to discuss the case further and determine whether my experience and availability are a good match for what this patient needs.

Denise Tucci, BCPA
Board Certified Patient Advocate
Oncology Patient Navigator