Hello everyone, I’m Dr. Tabu Terrell, a retired emergency physician and the founder of HealthStrategix, an independent patient advocacy practice based in Fort Mill, South Carolina, just outside Charlotte. I practiced emergency medicine for 14 years and was board certified in the specialty for two decades. Long before I started HealthStrategix, I was the person friends and family called when a diagnosis or treatment plan didn’t make sense to them.
My focus is the difficult middle stretch of an illness: when specialists give conflicting opinions, when a family is facing a hard treatment decision, or when care has become complicated enough that nobody seems to be looking at the whole picture. I help patients and families understand what they’re hearing from their doctors, prepare for appointments, and choose a path that fits their goals. HealthStrategix is direct-pay and independent of hospitals and insurers. I meet with clients in person in Fort Mill and virtually.
I’d love to connect with advocates who focus on billing, insurance appeals, or care coordination, since those clients often need clinical interpretation too, and I’m happy to trade referrals. My site is www.gethealthstrategix.com. Glad to be here!
Welcome, James. Fifteen years of managing your own care and your father's across that many systems is real expertise, and I'd love to connect, since I am also new and my clients often need exactly the kind of organized record you build and yours may sometimes need a physician's read on what's in it. I am located in the Charlotte, NC area. If you 'd like to connect here is my calendar:
My focus is the difficult middle stretch of an illness: when specialists give conflicting opinions, when a family is facing a hard treatment decision, or when care has become complicated enough that nobody seems to be looking at the whole picture. I help patients and families understand what they’re hearing from their doctors, prepare for appointments, and choose a path that fits their goals. HealthStrategix is direct-pay and independent of hospitals and insurers. I meet with clients in person in Fort Mill and virtually.
I’d love to connect with advocates who focus on billing, insurance appeals, or care coordination, since those clients often need clinical interpretation too, and I’m happy to trade referrals. My site is www.gethealthstrategix.com. Glad to be here!
link.gethealthstrategix.com/widget/bookings/colleague-connection-call